anycubic eco uv resin settings
anycubic eco uv resin settings: Tips and Tricks for Successful Prints
Anycubic is a well-known brand in the 3D printing industry, offering a wide range of high-quality products. Their UV resin is no exception, and the Anycubic Eco UV resin is a popular choice among users. To achieve successful prints with this resin, it’s crucial to understand the best settings. In this article, we will go over some tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your prints using Anycubic Eco UV resin.
1. Layer Thickness: One of the essential factors in achieving successful prints is choosing the right layer thickness. The layer thickness determines the level of detail and smoothness in your prints. With Anycubic Eco UV resin, a layer thickness between 0.05-0.1mm is recommended for optimal results. This range strikes a balance between fine details and print speed.
2. Exposure Time: Another critical aspect of resin printing is exposure time. Anycubic Eco UV resin requires sufficient exposure to cure properly. The recommended exposure time for this resin is typically around 8-15 seconds per layer, depending on the desired layer thickness. It’s important to experiment and fine-tune the exposure time to achieve the best results for your specific printer and resin batch.
3. Bottom Layer Exposure: The bottom layer exposure time is slightly different from the rest of the layers. This longer exposure time ensures that the print adheres securely to the build plate. For Anycubic Eco UV resin, a bottom layer exposure time of 60-90 seconds is recommended. This helps to prevent the print from detaching during the printing process.
4. Support Structures: When printing complex or intricate models, support structures are often necessary to ensure successful prints. Anycubic Eco UV resin is no different. Adding support structures is crucial for preventing sagging or warping of overhanging parts during the printing process. Ensure that your slicer software generates adequate support structures based on the model's design. This will help maintain the model's integrity while minimizing the need for extensive post-processing.
5. Print Orientation: The orientation of the model can greatly impact the print quality. To achieve the best results, place the model on the build plate in a way that minimizes the amount of support needed. This reduces the supports' impact on the final print's surface finish. Additionally, consider any potential resin pooling or trapped resin in hollow areas when choosing the print orientation.
6. Cleaning and Curing: Proper cleaning and post-curing are essential to achieve high-quality prints with Anycubic Eco UV resin. After printing, it is important to carefully remove excess uncured resin using isopropyl alcohol (IPA). A quick wash and scrub followed by a rinse in clean IPA will help remove any remaining resin residue. After cleaning, the print should be properly cured under UV light to achieve maximum hardness and strength.
7. Experimentation and Calibration: Every 3D printer and resin batch can vary, so it's essential to experiment and calibrate your settings accordingly. Adjusting the exposure time, layer thickness, or other parameters may be necessary to achieve optimal results for your specific setup. Keep a record of the settings you have used for successful prints to replicate them in the future.
In conclusion, achieving successful prints with Anycubic Eco UV resin requires understanding and optimizing various settings. It's crucial to choose the right layer thickness, exposure time, and bottom layer exposure for ideal results. Using support structures, print orientation, and proper cleaning and curing techniques also contribute to the quality of the print. Remember to experiment, fine-tune, and document your settings to consistently achieve the best results possible. With these tips and tricks, you'll be on your way to creating stunning prints with Anycubic Eco UV resin.